Two Days Before Deferred Action

Arkansas Coalition for Dream is proud to announce that we will be helping potential applicants for Deferred Action in late August in various locations around Arkansas with Application Drives. While we are not sure when and where exactly these drives are going to be yet, we will try to conduct a phone bank for those areas. If you do not get a call, please take a look at our calendar. However, we are only two days away from the official release of the applications so in preparation for it, here is some useful information for those applying:

From USCIS’ website:


You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:

  • Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  • Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  • Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  • Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
  • Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Individuals may begin to request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals on August 15, 2012. Please do not file before August 15. If you file early, your request will be rejected. Individuals can call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 with questions or to request more information on the deferred action for childhood arrivals process or visit


Document Checklist

 To prove your identity and age:

  • Valid or expired passports
  • Birth certificate accompanied by photo identification
  • Valid consular IDs or national identity document
  • Previous Photo ID documents issued by DHS
  • Valid/Expired School IDs
  • Any other official photo ID (for example, a veteran’s ID, other government-issued ID, or other forms of ID from home country)

To prove entry under age 16:

Collect any documents that can prove the date you entered the United States. These include:

  • Valid or Expired passports with entry stamps
  • School Records
  • Immunization Cards
  • Hospital and Medical Records
  • Church, Financial Records
  • Lease Agreements

To prove continuous residence in the US:

  • School Records
  • Internship Records
  • Immunization Cards
  • Hospital and Medical Records
  • Financial, Employment Records
  • Lease Agreements
  • Utility Bills
  • Names of People and Organizations who can provide affidavits to support your residence

To prove you were in the US on June 15, 2012

  • Financial Records
  • School Records
  • Employment Records
  • Military Records
  • Cell Phone Records
  • Medical Records


  • Copy of High School Diploma
  • Copy of school transcripts to show current enrollment
  • Copy of G.E.D. certificate
  • Report Cards
  • Military Records

For FAQ’s and Guidelines on Deferred Action, please visit USCIS’ page on “Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process” HERE